makes 12 muffins
While the bacon and egg muffins recipe I posted a few weeks ago was pretty good, I don’t know if I’ve ever made a muffin that was as good as these lemon and blueberry muffins. If you’re a fan of blueberry muffins, then you MUST give these a try!
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
2. Spoon flour into dry measuring cup and level off with a knife. Dump flour into a medium-large bowl and combine with sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
3. Add the butter to the flour mixture and cut in using a pastry blender or 2 knives. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
4. In a separate bowl or measuring cup, combine buttermilk, lemon rind, and egg. Stir with a whisk until well mixed.
5. Add buttermilk mixture to the flour and stir until it’s well blended. After that, add the blueberries and fold them in.
6. Prepare a muffin tin by coating it with cooking spray and then spoon the batter into 12 muffin cups.
7. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Remove muffins immediately when done and place them on a wire rack to cool.
8. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and powdered sugar. Stir until it’s mixed well and drizzle the glaze over the cooled muffins.
You can thank me later.
Original recipe found at CookingLight
The articles are written by personal finance enthusiasts (not certified professionals) based on their personal experience. What works for them may or may not work for you, and you should always consult a financial advisor before making important financial decisions.
In accordance with FTC guidelines, we disclose that we have a financial relationship with companies mentioned in this website. This may include receiving access to free products and services for product and service reviews and giveaways.
Any references to third party products, rates, or websites are subject to change without notice. We do our best to maintain current information, but due to the rapidly changing environment, some information may have changed since it was published. Please do the appropriate research before participating in any third party offers.