Recipe: Creamy Avocado Pasta

• 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 Tablespoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 6 ounces of spaghetti pasta
  • Black pepper, to taste

Bring water to boil in a medium-sized pot and cook pasta according to directions.

While the pasta is cooking, make the “sauce” by combining the garlic, lemon juice, avocado, basil, salt and olive oil in a food processor.

AP - guac mix

Process/blend until sauce is smooth and creamy.

AP - guac blended

Drain pasta after it’s finished cooking, then put it back into pot.

Cover the pasta with the avocado sauce and toss until mixed well. Add pepper to taste.

Serve it up and enjoy! This recipe was very good and we’ve had it on multiple occasions. It’s certainly different than normal spaghetti and sauce but it’s a good change-up!

AP - creamy avocado pasta

By , on Apr 4, 2012
Andy is a 30-something New Yorker who turned his financial life around. He took charge of his finances, got out of debt, and is now working his way toward financial success. He is the publisher of

1. Jackie Walters says:

I made this recipe last night and it was so delicious! We added shrimp to ours. Probably one of the best pasta dishes I’ve had that did not involve cheese!

I love avocado; and I love Pasta. So, I am definitely going to try this recipe. I appreciate that most of your recipes are for a vegetarians.

Hope you like it Shilpan! We rarely eat meat, but I will say that my recipe next week will not be for you. There is about 2 1/2 pounds of meat in next week’s recipe. lol

3. Andy says:

That’s a very good point and I hadn’t thought of that! We’ve been eating wraps (instead of sandwiches) and using hummus as our sauce or whatever it’s called. lol.

4. Seriously making this tonight. I have two ripe avocados that need to get eaten and this looks easy!!

It is really easy to make and it’s pretty tasty! We like to try new things and eating spaghetti and sauce all of the time just isn’t much fun!

5. Mmm this looks delicious and pretty easy to make also!

I am excited for a few recipes I have coming up in the next few weeks. If you think this looks good you need to check out the next few weeks!

6. Karunesh says:

Andy, You have a great career option to be a chef 🙂

Thanks Karunesh but I don’t know the first thing about creating a recipe from scratch. We just test out what others have already done and I try to put the best of what we eat up on the blog.

7. That looks DELICIOUS! I would add fresh garlic and grilled chicken, spinach, and a side of garlic bread….. MMMMMMM!!!

That is too much food for me! We’ve been trying to keep our portion sizes down but you can have me over for dinner anytime! I looooooove to eat more than I can handle.

8. Katie says:

I love all the recipes you post. I’ve actually never ate an avocado before, but that sounds like a great new way to eat spaghetti.

Oh you have to give it a try, Katie! I didn’t use to like guacamole (made from avocados) but I’ve learned to love it!

9. That looks so tasty! I never knew I even liked Avocado until a few years ago when we made our own Avocado dip for nachos. It is a yummy flavor.

10. Note to self – Don’t visit the WSL blog during lunch! This looks so good and delicious! Thanks for sharing!

LOL. You might not want to come back each of the next couple of weeks then, MMD. I have some really tasty ones coming up.

11. That looks divine! It looks really easy to make, so I’m sure that I won’t screw it up when I try out the recipe myself. Also, I love that you served it with broccoli. I love broccoli.

Yeah, sometimes I take the picture with the side dish on there to liven up the colors. some of the dishes just look bland without something else alongside it.

12. Jefferson says:

That looks positively scrumptious.

I love Avocados..

This sounds like an easy enough recipe without a lot of ingredients. I love avocados, but I always have a problem finding a ripe one. It seems the ones in the grocery store are never the right ripeness. I guess I need to buy it a day or two before, but I suck at planning ahead like that.

Avocados are rarely ripe and then when we buy them we wait too long and part of it starts to go bad. They’re really annoying to deal with sometimes.

Menu plan, Jeremy! Menu plan.

Yum I always love new recipes!