Recipe: Carbonara Pasta with Kalamata Olives

Kalamata Olive Carbonara Pasta

makes 4 servings

While we enjoy eating fairly healthy for the majority of our meals, it is extremely nice to indulge every once in awhile. This meal was fantastic! I get hungry just looking at it again!

• 5 bacon slices, cooked
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 pound Fettuccine pasta
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
  • Parmesan cheese, to taste
  • Ground black pepper, to taste

Cook Fettuccine according to directions.

Meanwhile, starting cooking the bacon slices until browned. After they’re finished, place them on paper towels to drain and roughly chop them up.

Add the minced garlic cloves to the remaining bacon fat and cook for 1-2 minutes.

Bacon fat & garlic

After the garlic is finished, add the cooked Fettuccine to pan. Top with the bacon pieces, eggs, and kalamata olives.

cooked carbonara

Mix well and cook until eggs are finished.

Serve it up with a fresh side of vegetables and top with Parmesan cheese and black pepper.

Whole Wheat Carbonara

Original recipe found at Men’s Health

By , on Jun 26, 2012
Andy is a 30-something New Yorker who turned his financial life around. He took charge of his finances, got out of debt, and is now working his way toward financial success. He is the publisher of

1. Salvador Antonacci says:

Awesome recipe,that will be my dinner tomorrow by the way the photographs are professional.Good job an thank for sharing

2. Bacon, garlic, pasta….oh my! I think this would be a hit with my crew (just without the olives!).

Is it worthwhile to try it without beacon? I like the recipe.

4. I’m torn. I hate bacon and olives but I like pasta.

5. I should know better than to stop by your blog before dinner. Your pictures look so delicious!

6. Mich says:

I wonder if it tastes as good as it looks 🙂

7. This looks so tasty and delicious. It has all of the ingredients that I love, but i especially like the bacon. I don’t eat it all of the time, but I would if it was a more healthy food.

I’m with you Anthony! It’s certainly not a healthy food but it’s okay to indulge every once in awhile.

8. OMG I made carbonara the other night and it was not great – so wish I’d seen this before I made it!

If you like bacon this will definitely go over well. Keeping the bacon fat in the recipe was brilliant and it just made the dish unbelievably good.

I love bacon!! And yes, I would marry bacon. We use the nitrate-free bacon, which is better for you but also more expensive…boo! So we don’t get it very frequently. When we do buy bacon, it’s hilarious how much we all go crazy for it! I’m sure the baby would too if she could eat it. 🙂

Interesting…I’ve never heard of nitrate-free. We rarely eat bacon at home, we only really ever have it if it is on something we eat when we go out for food.

10. Another recipe of yours that I want to make. Thanks Andy.

No problem Sean! Let me know if you end up giving it a try. It was certainly one of the better (unhealthy) recipes we’ve tried lately.

Mmmm bbaaaacccoooonnn. I’m not a big fan of olives, but I’m finding I like them in certain dishes. So I’d probably really enjoy this dish. Out of curiosity, do you create these recipes yourself, between you and Toots? Or are these more from recipes you’ve tried online or had passed down from family?

We really don’t create anything on our own. We just find stuff we enjoy from a myriad of sources, give it a try, and pass it along if it’s good/great. I wish I was creative and had the culinary background to make recipes from scratch. Maybe one day…I’d love to go to culinary school and learn how to be a real chef.

12. Daisy says:

This looks delicious! As usual. My boyfriend hates olives but whatever, he can just take them off.

Looks good! You need to come over and cook for me. Your food looks much better than mine.

If Toots came over and helped me cook then we could do it. It’s hard to cook things all by yourself (depending on the recipe). This one was pretty easy though…you should try it out! It was AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG – especially if you like bacon!