makes 6 servings
1. Cook bacon in a large pot over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from the pan and reserve at least 2 teaspoons of drippings in pot. Crumble bacon and set aside on a plate.
2. Add onion, celery, and garlic to the pot. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add chopped butternut squash and cook an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add wine and cook until most liquid evaporates. Stir in broth, cumin, red pepper, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil.
5. Remove the soup from the heat, ladle into bowls, then sprinkle with crumbled bacon and (optional) pumpkin seeds.
Overall, this soup was phenomenal. I was skeptical that the butternut squash was in large chunks, but it was absolutely delicious. You’ll be shocked as to how much you can taste the cumin and cinnamon…
Original recipe found at Cooking Light Cookbook
The articles are written by personal finance enthusiasts (not certified professionals) based on their personal experience. What works for them may or may not work for you, and you should always consult a financial advisor before making important financial decisions.
In accordance with FTC guidelines, we disclose that we have a financial relationship with companies mentioned in this website. This may include receiving access to free products and services for product and service reviews and giveaways.
Any references to third party products, rates, or websites are subject to change without notice. We do our best to maintain current information, but due to the rapidly changing environment, some information may have changed since it was published. Please do the appropriate research before participating in any third party offers.