Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

makes 6 servings

Here at WSL you’ve been accustomed to some delicious, healthy recipes; however, the one I’m introducing to you today is anything but healthy. Frankly, every time I put all of the ingredients into the crock pot, I almost get sick thinking about how bad this is for you.

Saying that, this Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip is a man’s man’s recipe. It’s for those guys that like spicy, unhealthy, food and more so for those that LOOOOOVE chicken wings. The secret in making this a recipe that your husband loves is finding his favorite buffalo wing or hot sauce.

Despite thinking that this is a dip that should be served while watching a football game with the dudes, my wife almost enjoys it as much as I do. I guess she’s just a man’s kind of girl.

• (2) 8-ounce packages of cream cheese Go 1/3 fat on one of the cream cheeses to make it slightly more healthy. If you’re a real man’s man though, stay with the regular cream cheese and eat another one while you’re waiting for this to cook.
  • 2 cups diced chicken I’m lazy therefore opted for (2) cans of shredded chicken.
  • 1/2 cup ranch dressing
  • 1 cup Frank’s hot sauce or your favorite
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Ingredients image

Dump cream cheese and hot sauce in the crock pot. Stir it up first to soften it a little, then add the remainder of the ingredients.

Chicken wing dip crock pot image

Put on high for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the dip is ready, reduce crock pot to low.

Serve up the Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip with some chips and enjoy!

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip recipe image

By , on Oct 10, 2012
Andy is a 30-something New Yorker who turned his financial life around. He took charge of his finances, got out of debt, and is now working his way toward financial success. He is the publisher of

1. Dear God this looks too good. How many minutes of life must I surrender to eat it?

2. I love Buffalo sauce and Frank’s Red Hot! The dip looks great!

3. Andy says:

Yeah, there aren’t many ingredients in this one! Just a bunch of junk! 🙂

4. How can something orange be bad for you?

My personal variation on this is using a can of chili in place of the chicken.

Interesting…chili with buffalo wing sauce and cream cheese? I can’t even imagine how that would taste. Would it really be good?

5. I love my crockpot and I definitely want to try this recipe out soon!

6. Brian says:

Mmm that looks really good. I’m getting a family salsa recipe off of my parents shortly. Put it next to your dip and we’ve got ourselves a sports weekend!

You bring the salsa and I’ll bring the chicken wing dip! Only problem is it might be cold by the time I make it to your house…Canada is a little far from here. lol

7. Looks like good football food for sure. We get to have nachos for dinner one night a year, for the Superbowl. My daughter asks every Sunday if it is nacho night!

8. Andy Hough says:

The dip looks great. I love buffalo wings, but unfortunately my stomach can only handle the mildest sauce anymore.

9. You’re making me hungry!

10. Well, I know what I am having for dinner tonight!! Seriously though, I love me some buffalo chicken and so does my girlfriend. I think I’m going to have to make this for her as a surprise. The only problem I foresee is telling her how “healthy” it is for her!

Yeah, I wouldn’t mention what’s in it. lol. It’s pretty gross if you sit back and think about it as you’re plopping the cream cheese in the crock pot.

11. Since I love eating healthy, I’m definitely going to have to try this out. Maybe this Sunday when the Packers & Texans play.

Oh…what a good game! I forgot they were playing each other; which reminds me that I have the Texans as my D for fantasy football. It might not be a good weekend for them.

12. YES! I’m all about this. Now, I don’t have cable, but watching the game, eating this along with buffalo wings, beer and maybe a hot dog or two….that’s my kinda Sunday afternoon!

13. MomofTwoPreciousGirls says:

If you’re a real man’s man though, stay with the regular cream cheese and eat another one while you’re waiting for this to cook….THIS was funny!!!

Looks yummy, but I can SMELL the heat from here!

14. Eddie says:

I’m planning to have a bunch of friends over for Sunday Football this coming Sunday. Guess what will be the dip of choice? You got it! Thanks for saving me a few bucks!!

15. That looks awesome! I have bought something similar to that at the store before but have never made it myself. I try to dip carrots instead of chips though. I can’t eat just one chip. I can only eat 50 chips!!!

16. Awesome. I am a huge fan or wings as well. There is a bar close to our house that serves $5 all you can eat wings on Thursday nights.

17. I’ve been cooking with my crock pot a LOT lately, and this dip looks pretty bomb ass. I’m going to try it!!

Let me know your thoughts! …remember though, it’s all in the hot sauce; if you don’t like the hot or wing sauce that you select, then you might not like the flavor.

I love buffalo dip! So yummy.

19. Looks awesome! Now I am hungry…too bad it’s 7:00. 🙁