makes 6 servings
While I’m sure many of you cooking fans out there would prefer a monkey bread recipe that involved making your own dough, I’m simply not that savvy or dedicated to take the time to make such things. With that in mind, the WSL house decided to take the lazy route and use frozen bread dough for our newest Monkey Bread recipe.
1. Several hours before baking (or the night before), grease and flour a 9×11″ glass pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar and pudding together. In a separate bowl, mix the normal (white) sugar and cinnamon together.
3. First layer: layer the bottom of the pan with half of the frozen bread dough (we typically use food scissors and cut chunks of it off). Then, sprinkle the bread dough layer with half of the brown sugar/pudding mix. Next, sprinkle half of the sugar/cinnamon mix over top of that. Then, drizzle the melted butter over the first layer and spread around.
4. Second layer: repeat step #3 over again to create the 2nd layer of frozen bread dough, brown sugar/pudding mix, sugar/cinnamon mix, and pouring the rest of the melted butter over the top.
5. Place the uncooked monkey bread on the counter over night. Do not cover.
6. Whenever you’re ready to cook it, preheat the over to 350 degrees F and bake for 30 minutes. Let it stand a few minutes before eating, but you can eat the monkey bread recipe with frozen dough bread out of the pan, OR, you can turn the pan over (upside-down) on a platter and eat it like civilized people.
Original recipe found at allrecipes
The articles are written by personal finance enthusiasts (not certified professionals) based on their personal experience. What works for them may or may not work for you, and you should always consult a financial advisor before making important financial decisions.
In accordance with FTC guidelines, we disclose that we have a financial relationship with companies mentioned in this website. This may include receiving access to free products and services for product and service reviews and giveaways.
Any references to third party products, rates, or websites are subject to change without notice. We do our best to maintain current information, but due to the rapidly changing environment, some information may have changed since it was published. Please do the appropriate research before participating in any third party offers.