Recipe: Greek Kale Salad

• Feta cheese

Dressing Ingredients

• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • Salt and pepper, to taste

greek kale salad ingredients image

In a small to medium mixing bowl, combine ingredients for dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Whisk until combined.

kale salad dressing image

Dump kale in a large bowl and top with dressing. Let it soak for at least 1 hour prior to serving as this will allow the kale to soften slightly and lessen some if its bitterness.

When you’re ready to serve, add the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and feta. Serve it up and enjoy another healthy kale salad!

greek kale salad image

By , on Oct 24, 2012

1. I haven’t been a salad guy until recently… it is really surprising how full it can make you.

This salad looks awesome – may be perfect for Saturday’s lunch :)

2. CF says:

Yum! I have some kale in the garden currently, so might have to try that recipe. I don’t know if I’ll grow it again next year though – it was very aphid-y

3. Thad P says:

Looks great! When should we be there?

4. Mackenzie says:

My husband loves kale! This recipe will definitely get made :)

5. Kale is a perfect food. Our grocery store has nutritional values of each food from 0-100. Kale and blueberries are the only perfect ones I’ve found.

6. Sounds good to me I’d make this no problem. The only thing I would change is that I would use a fresh lemon and lime and grate some of the rind. I have a new found passion for rinds of these fruits now since participating in the Welfare Food Challenge. I also just like the freshness of the real lemon over the juice but that’s just me. The feta would have to be the real Greek Feta with the TANG… oh ya. The real Greek Feta costs more money but you use less as the flavour is pungent same goes for any cheese. When you can use less for more it’s better although we still buy that cheap cheddar as Mrs.CBB still insists it’s good stuff.. meh… Cheers Andy.. I’m going to try your recipe out mate. MR.CBB

Thanks CBB, I hope you enjoy it! I’ve thought about using fresh lemons and limes, but I’ve just gotten a bit lazy. I guess I can’t tell too much of a difference, but I’d also say I don’t pay enough attention.

7. Looking yummy! adding it to my recipe list, except I’ll probably substitute garlic with whole one and lemon juice with real lemon. Thanks Andy!

8. I love kale. Thanks for another great recipe. This would make for a good summer salad.

I was just like Michelle a couple years ago and tried Kale for the first time. Then I looked at the nutritional value. Wow! Kale for the win when it comes to nutrients.

It is pretty crazy how healthy it is. Have you ever tried Kale chips? It’s a great way to eat them without having to put them in a salad and overcome their tough texture.

I’ve never had kale! Can you believe that? haha looks yummy.

I can believe it because I didn’t have it until 6 months ago. My wife made me try it and it’s an interesting leaf/plant thing. lol. It’s very tough which is why I suggest to soak the kale in the dressing for a bit before serving. You should try it though sometime simply for the fact that it’s unbelievably healthy for you.

11. Looks good. My wife is going to try and grow some kale in our garden next year, so we look forward to salads like these.